Friday, May 17, 2013

30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 28


Day 28 - Your favorite movie.


I don't have a favorite movie, but I have several favorites, which I will discuss briefly here.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy has a special place in my heart, being one of those things that I grew up with and was such a source of inspiration to me as a child and even now as an adult.  The Two Towers, the second movie of the trilogy, was the first movie I remember seeing in theaters.

Recently, I've had the chance to fall in love with Middle Earth all over again.  I went to the midnight showing of The Hobbit, and I absolutely adore that movie.  I can't wait to see the second one this December! (And I'm definitely dressing up this time. :p)

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King also has one of my favorite movie scenes ever, the scene wherein Aragorn is crowned King.  It just gives me the warm-and-cozy feelings every time I watch it.




I couldn't write this post without including some superhero movies.  I'm definitely a comic book nerd (among other types), so I'm always excited when I hear about a new Marvel movies coming out.  I'm not a huge fan of DC, but I did love The Dark Knight RisesI mean, who didn't?  That movie was spectacular.

But my favorite superhero movie so far has been, you guessed it, The AvengersI don't know what to say about it.  I just love this movie!  Although I have to say that I am mighty excited about November's Thor: The Dark World.




Disney and Disney-Pixar movies are also very near and dear to me.  In fact, I love almost all of Disney's movies!  Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King (all 3 of them), Monsters Inc., and Mulan are among my most-loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment