Wednesday, May 1, 2013

30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 13


Day 13 – Your favorite musician and why?
 
 
Oh, how I was hoping that this question wouldn’t come up.  My “favorite” music changes periodically.  Although, these three are usually always on my list: Owl City, Lindsey Stirling, and Thomas Bergersen.
 
I am especially drawn to music that has great lyrics (if applicable, of course; I do like a lot of instrumental music), harmonious sound, and inspires me to create.
 
As I thought about the question more and more, I realized what musician has had the greatest impact on me as a person, my life, and my works.  This would be Koji Kondo, the composer of the The Legend of Zelda video games.

For your listening pleasure:


Song of Storms (SSBB Version)
 
 
 Gerudo Valley (SSBB Version)
 

Zelda's Lullaby - Ocarina of Time
 

 Midna's Lament (SSBB Version)
 

Romance in the Air - Skyward Sword
 
 
The music of the Zelda series has the uncanny ability to express settings and emotions in nonverbal music.  I tried to pick songs to share here on my blog that are very different in both substance and style.
 
So much nostalgia.  Excuse me, I need a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment