Monday, May 13, 2013

30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 25


Day 25 – Something that you miss.
 
 
This wasn’t a difficult one, I have to admit.  To be perfectly honest, the thing I miss most is my childhood.  I miss the days when things were so simple.  When I didn’t have the thoughts and burdens of an adult.  The weights on my shoulders were as small as household chores and squabbles with my siblings over trivial things. 
 
Back then, I could dream and not have my vision blurred with the harshness of reality. I was happy, healthy, and free.  Pure.
 
Growing up, you see things and hear things and do things that you can’t unsee, unhear, or undo.  It’s permanently a part of you unless somehow you manage to forget about it, which is uncommon.
 
It truly is an incredible thing to look back on your life and realize how far you’ve come and how much you have changed.
 
I’m not in any way complaining about my life now.  I’ve gone through some rough times, but those difficulties have only made me stronger.  I’m content with where I am and what I’m doing.  God has blessed me so much, and I am very grateful.  But if I were given the chance, I would certainly want to relive a single day of my childhood.  Just to experience that feeling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment