Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Random Randomness 4/9/2013

Hey there!  Long time no see!  Um…AHEM, yes, I do realize that I promised that I would be blogging weekly despite it being Lent, and…I failed miserably.  Not one post for the month of March.  To be quite honest, the blog was the last thing on my mind.  Schoolwork piled up, I resumed working as a teacher’s assistant, and I had an extra choir practice every week…etc.

That aside, I am BACK!  Today I’m going to keep it simple and share some of my latest randomness.

To start off, Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph.  I freaking adore this movie.  I saw it twice in theaters, and have seen it several times since buying the DVD.  I just can’t get bored of it.  As I said in my latest deviantART (which is sorely lacking updates as well…) journal, it warms my gamer’s heart!


Here’s the trailer if you haven’t seen it yet:

[Wreck-It Ralph Theatrical Trailer]
 
 
Secondly, I’d like to share some music that I’ve been enjoying as of late.  Music was one of the things that I gave up for Lent, and since Easter I’ve been buying song after song after song.  I’ve developed an interest for “songmatching”, that is, trying to find songs that remind me of favorite characters or ships.  Namely ZeLink and SasuSaku (speaking of Naruto…what the HECKENSTEIN is going on around here?!?! …But this is a topic for another day...)  Here is my top twenty for the week (not in any particular order!):
 
 


May I – Trading Yesterday

Alive – Adelitas Way

Bright Lights (Fly) – Alex Goot

You Are – Colton Dixon

Anywhere But Here - SafetySuit

My Home – Thousand Foot Krutch

Just Give Me a Reason – P!nk ft. Nate Ruess

Be Your Everything – Boys Like Girls

Your Heart is a Muscle – Carly Rae Jepsen

Start AgainRed

Time After Time – Quietdrive

Leave Out All the Rest ­­- Linkin Park

Misty Mountains Cold – Peter Hollens ft. Jun Sung Ahn (Peter lives in my city--check him out...he is AMAZING!)

Caravanserai – Loreena McKennitt

Song of the Caged Bird – Lindsey Stirling


Your Guardian Angel – The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Collide – Howie Day


Finally, let me say that I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE SUMMER.  I was considering taking classes during the summer, but my interest in that idea quickly dissipated.  I don’t need a break, but I sure do want one.  My art has suffered enough due to me devoting so much time to school.  Don’t get me wrong, I love school!  Really!  I’m one of those academic weirdos who looks forward to new discussion topics and truly believes that there is nothing more fun that writing an essay.  What can I say?  I’m a nerd in every respect.

I have so many ideas for art and stories that I can’t wait to get to working on.  As I've said, my deviantART and Figment have been especially quiet as of late, and I miss interacting with my artist and author buddies.  Plus, I’ll have time to apply for scholarships and save up money so that going back to school in the fall won’t be a pain in the neck like last year.  I’ve also been asked to be a counselor at a local girls’ camp again, so that will be a lot of fun.  And!  I’m going to Cali this summer.  So excited to visit family and go to Disneyland again!

I also have a lot of cool things coming up in regards to my humble little blog here, including photo reviews for some things that I am SUPER EXCITED about.  If you’ve been keeping up with me on Twitter you might know what I’m talking about!  Also, with summer coming around, I’m trying to get back to my Etsy shop, which I have not abandoned!


If you like what you’ve read here, be sure to follow me! Aianarie @Twitter


‘Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment