Friday, April 19, 2013

30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 1

So, quite simply, I've decided to do THIS 30-day blog challenge!  I'll try to keep the posts pretty short and simple without blabbing too much.  Yeah, Ashley, good luck with that one.  Anyway, here it goes...




Day 1 - A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was.


I had a pretty great day, actually.  I got to sleep in, which is always nice.  I made myself a delicious bowl of ramen with green onions and eggs for brunch, and worked on the writing part of upcoming photo review.  After that, I went to the local Starbucks café with my writing partner, Katie.  It’s been far too long since I’ve written anything good, and even longer since I’ve had my Tall White Chocolate Mocha.

I got a good amount of stuff done, including kicking off my latest poetry project: compiling an anthology of some of my best poetry of the past five years.  I’m excited about this because I have hundreds of poems, and I think that I could go for getting an anthology published.  Wish me luck!

After Starbucks, we hit up Target.  The main thing that I was looking for was eyeshadow, as I’m trying to expand my repertoire beyond browns and neutrals.  I ended up purchasing this palette from e.l.f., the e.l.f. Studio Day-To-Night 80 Eyeshadow Palettes (there are two in the package, but in the photo you can only see one of them).  It was only $10!  Despite loving the brand, I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical.  After trying out some of the shadows, however, I was pretty happy with this purchase.  I recommend it!

My day ended with a cozy evening composed of mugs of hot cocoa and browsing Netflix with Stephie (my sister and best friend, for those who don’t know).  Oh, and a few rounds of Super Smash Bros. Brawl with my brothers.
 
This is an example of one of my better days, to say the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment