Friday, August 6, 2010

What I've been listening to...♫

I like to listen to new artists, so I’ve heard a lot of…interesting stuff. But sometimes, probably more often than I think, I stumble upon some real talent. Lately I've really been into the whole pop-punk thing. Bouncy stuff. I hope you enjoy my muscial randomness today.

And lately I’ve had this one song stuck in my head by a budding electropop star. I heard Love Like Woe by a one-man band called The Ready Set; this song is totally awesome. Maybe I’m just weird, but I freakin’ love this song. It’s fun, shiver-inducing pop that is reminiscent of Owl City (another one-man electronica band that I happen to adore) with a touch more attitude.

Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh6Oz-L156c/ (NOTE: the vid’s weird-o-ness level is pretty high, but hey; focus on the big picture here, AKA: Jordan)

The Ready Set has a handful of other catchy tunes on his new album: I’m Alive, I’m Dreaming, including Spinnin’, Stays Four the Same, Limits, and more. He definitely catches the Owl City vibe with titles like Atmosfears and Melody’s Song.

Plus, Jordan’s a hottie, so yeah. Maybe I’ll marry him someday.

How could I say no?



~*~


AND HERE'S SOME MORE POP-PUNK!

I’d also like to introduce another breakout band that I’m currently enjoying, Stereo Skyline. You can visit their fansite here:

http://stereoskylinefansite.blogspot.com/

Their CD is called Stuck On Repeat. Songs include A Little More Us, Heartbeat, and Tongue Tied. I saw the video for “Tongue Tied”, and wowzers—music vids these days are weeeeeeeird. Brian Maddox is totally hot though. I’m finding it hard to choose a favorite between him and Jordan (above). Ha ha ha…

You can see the video for "Tongue Tied" here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxN4cnyqqe4/


~*~

And finally, here's this week's playlist:


ASHLEY'S PLAYLIST 8/5/10
1. There For You – Flyleaf
2. So I Thought – Flyleaf
3. Love Like Woe – The Ready Set
4. Monsoon (Gateway Version) – Tokio Hotel
5. Tongue Tied – Stereo Skyline
6. Valentine’s Day – Linkin Park
7. Save You – Kelly Clarkson
8. Like We Used To – Rocket to the Moon
9. Through Glass – Stone Sour
10. Collide – Howie Day
11. Queen Bee – Nickasaur!
12. Heaven Can Wait – We the Kings
13. Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
14. Never Alone – Barlowgirl
15. Hanging By A Moment – Lifehouse
16. Touchin’ On My – 3OH!3
17. The Truth – Kris Allen
18. The Only Exception – Paramore
19. Somewhere I Belong – Linkin Park
20. Leave Out All The Rest – Linkin Park

~*~

That was fun! Maybe I'll do this again sometime! ;)

P.S. If I've hurt your brain, I am immensely sorry.

2 comments:

  1. wow u listen to some good sound!! :) ur missing never shout neverr tho! i dunno about brian, but Kevin sure is hot stuffs <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, Never Shout Never is the bomb. :)
    ...But Kevin?? Really??? lol

    ReplyDelete