Friday, May 17, 2013

30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 28


Day 28 - Your favorite movie.


I don't have a favorite movie, but I have several favorites, which I will discuss briefly here.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy has a special place in my heart, being one of those things that I grew up with and was such a source of inspiration to me as a child and even now as an adult.  The Two Towers, the second movie of the trilogy, was the first movie I remember seeing in theaters.

Recently, I've had the chance to fall in love with Middle Earth all over again.  I went to the midnight showing of The Hobbit, and I absolutely adore that movie.  I can't wait to see the second one this December! (And I'm definitely dressing up this time. :p)

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King also has one of my favorite movie scenes ever, the scene wherein Aragorn is crowned King.  It just gives me the warm-and-cozy feelings every time I watch it.




I couldn't write this post without including some superhero movies.  I'm definitely a comic book nerd (among other types), so I'm always excited when I hear about a new Marvel movies coming out.  I'm not a huge fan of DC, but I did love The Dark Knight Rises.  I mean, who didn't?  That movie was spectacular.

But my favorite superhero movie so far has been, you guessed it, The Avengers.  I don't know what to say about it.  I just love this movie!  Although I have to say that I am mighty excited about November's Thor: The Dark World.




Disney and Disney-Pixar movies are also very near and dear to me.  In fact, I love almost all of Disney's movies!  Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King (all 3 of them), Monsters Inc., and Mulan are among my most-loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment