Thursday, July 1, 2010

My pretend casting of "Shiver"

Recently, a friend of mine showed me some videos on YouTube made by Shiver fans of pretend casting for the book's upcoming movie (SO excited!!). She asked me to put together my own cast, so I did, and that’s what I’m going to share with everyone today.


*Full credit and my thanks go to the others who put together their videos; I have used some of their choices.


~*~*~*~

AIANARIE'S PRETEND CAST

FOR SHIVER by Maggie Stiefvater





Sam – MATT PROKOP
Casting Sam was extremely difficult. I couldn’t find anyone who fit the picture of him that I had in my mind. Finally I stumbled upon this cutie, from High School Musical and Furry Vengeance. I ultimately chose Matt because he looks almost exactly as Sam is described in the book by Maggie. I love his pouty face. :o)





Grace – DEBBY RYAN
Grace was another toughie. I wanted to find a girl that is cute but not too cute, with a face that radiated youth, curiosity, but also strong will. Grace has a great sense of humor, and I think that is another important aspect to casting her. You may recognize Debby from The Suite Life on Deck and 16 Wishes.



Beck – JUSTIN CHATWIN
Justin is a favorite amongst fans of Shiver for the role of Beck, and I have to agree. He seems to fit the part seamlessly.


Isabel – TAYLOR SWIFT
Taylor immediately sprang to my mind when I began looking for an actress to fill those designer shoes. I have no doubt that she would make a flawless Isabel.



Jack – JAKE ABEL
This character wasn’t too hard to cast, but I found that there were many choices to choose from and any of them would make an excellent Jack. I ended up choosing Jake Abel from Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief because he had that very jock-like appearance that I saw in Jack.



Rachel – EMMA WATSON
Emma was another fan favorite. I like this choice because her accent would really make Rachel stand out, and that’s exactly how Rachel is. She’s talkative, scatterbrained, and just plain funny. Emma would be absolutely hilarious.



Olivia – ANNASOPHIA ROBB
Olivia was the last character I casted. I know her part seems easy, but really it wasn’t (for me, anyway). I wanted to find an actress who had a very thoughtful, introspective look to her face.



Shelby – DAKOTA FANNING
Shelby was probably my least favorite character in the book, and I wanted to find an actress who would show everything I disliked about her in a less smoldering way. Almost everyone else picked a model-gorgeous girl to play Shelby, and I think that rivals Isabel’s role too much. I like Dakota for this part because she is pretty and has that passive, uninterested look to her face that is perfectly reminiscent of Shelby.



Grace’s Mom – JENNIFER ANISTON
For whatever reason, Jennifer seems to me a perfect choice for Grace’s artsy mother. Plus, she looks a lot like Debby Ryan, who I casted as Grace.





Grace’s Dad – PATRICK DEMPSEY
I don’t have a lot to say about why I chose Patrick for Grace’s father, I just like the fit. I think he could pull off the absentminded father who’s trying to be a businessman role quite nicely.


~*~*~*~



I hope you enjoyed this! Please leave your comments; I would love to hear what you have to say.



3 comments:

  1. whoaaa awesome. They all look great. Matt prokop is a hottie ^^
    dang i luv shiver XD if they screw up the movie ill #$@% them. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete